Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May Card Show Pickups: Bob The Builder Edition

Hey, you! Yeah, you! The one who has yet to vote in my poll! Now is the time! Look to the left on this page!

It's all about set building in this edition of the card show pickup. I was almost entirely shut out of set needs this trip. Most dealers had hits, inserts, or vintage. I found a few cards towards a few specialty sets.
 I now need two more cards for my 2011 Topps Series 1 set. CMG Reprint #9, and 60 Years of Topps #32. If nobody offers those in trade and I don't find it at the June show, I'll probably have to pick them up off of COMC. And that awesome shuttered die cut of Jeff Bagwell is from 2000 Stadium Club. This is probably one of the most impossible insert sets I'm trying to complete, and eventually will be a feature post.
 Bring on the women! Topps added a few celebrities to some of its 2005-06 basketball offerings. This is my first Finest celebrity pickup, and is numbered out of 599. A list of all five celebrities and the sets they appear in (plus which cards I have/need from these sets) is located here.
 TNA may stand for Total Nonstop Action, but TNA means something completely different in these cards.
And finally a few USA baseball cards. I have the full '03 set, so I'm not sure what I'm doing with that card. The 1985 Topps are glossy cards, so they are the Tiffany edition. Again, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with them, since I'm not looking for the parallel sets, but for now they sit in a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment