Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm lying in bed, just like Brian Wilson did...

I opened up some more Topps Series 2 - four rack packs, and I'm going to show off some of the better stuff from those packs. All my available and needed series 2 cards are located on this page. I need base, Kimball Champions, 60 Years of Topps, and a few of the Before There Was Topps.

This is pack four, the last pack. Thirty-six cards, including eight inserts.


 Justin Duchscherer has a complicated last name and a boring photo. Is that a leftover from Heritage? Mike Fontenot sure is happy. Jason Heyward has two "base" cards in the set, the rookie cup and regular card.
 I pulled an extra Diamond parallel in this pack. Eddie Mathews retired SP! He's already gone in a trade.
 I like pop culture references in my trading card posts, and I like the Barenaked Ladies. I saw them live back in 2004. Oh, and there's a Ty Cobb card.
I believe this is my first Before There Was Topps that I actually pulled from a pack. That's fine - I think there's only eight in the set and I already have three more on the way in a trade. McCann is another player I should be collecting, and Mattingly is another insert set-building need!

So far, I've purchased four hanging boxes and four rack packs. I believe you get more inserts by buying rack packs than by buying hanging boxes, but I'm a set builder right now so I'm happy I bought the hanging boxes. I traded 1/3 of my extras to Derek for cards I need, which is a good thing! I may need to pick up more rack packs to build some more insert stock for the sets I'm putting together. Hopefully I can work with trades to finish these sets, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment