Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Five bucks, eighteen stacks Part 1

This box:
was a good bit of work to sort through. As of this writing, they're only sorted by set. That alone took a couple hours of work! I say set, but there are some stacks with multiple sets in them, because, well, that's how I sorted them. I ended up with 18 stacks, with some stacks having just a few cards in them (hoping for more) to stacks of over 300 cards. There are some nice finds in the lot, though I gather the original intention was for all inserts and parallels to be pulled out for sale in the seller's other boxes.

Today's stack is a pile of 2001 Leaf Rookies and Stars. The base set consists entirely of "Stars" and is numbered 1-100, while the short-printed rookies are cards 101-300. There is one parallel, serial numbered to 50 (veteran) or 25 (rookies), and a ton of insert sets that focus on relics.
The box held 65 cards from this set, none of them rookies, parallels or inserts. I'm glad for the lack of rookies, because with a 200 card rookie set, there must be dozens of failures. There were several big names, including Griffey, A-Rod, and Maddux.
Of the 65 cards, 10 are headed to the Awards/Leaders collection!
The scans you'll see in these posts will generally be extras, so if you see something you like, just ask. More tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I see a lot of 2001 Topps and Topps Archives. Some early 2000s Fleer too. I can't wait to see what else this box holds.

    ReplyDelete