Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Five bucks, eighteen stacks part 11

Just like my list of things to do today, this will end at 13 parts!

Before I write this post, a quick shout out to Jose Altuve of the Astros - his first MLB home run was an inside-the-parker against my Giants last night. I saw Jose play for Lancaster earlier this year, where he wore jersey #2, and he gave me his cracked bat from that game. He's a nice guy and I wish him the best of luck.
I've already written my evening posts for the next five days or so. There have been some goings-on worth posting and I wanted to get those on digital paper before I forgot or had to rush through later. I think there's some quality to them, so be sure to read!

Now, on to today's stack. It's another tall one!

With all the cards from 2001 in the box, I would expect there to be more of value than just some cards for my awards/leaders collection. Well, I'm wrong, mainly because it's all base cards. But that's quite alright! There's nothing wrong with base cards, though most of the cards I need are inserts, parallels, hits, and oddballs. But I still enjoy sorting through all these base cards and spending a little time looking at the pictures.
The company best known for its photography is Upper Deck, and today's stack is a whole bunch of flagship cards from the 2000 issue.
Ten cards are headed to the awards/leaders collection, including one Delivery Man, one Rolaids Relief Man, and one all-time saves leader - three relief pitchers in one go! I also pulled a Tony Gwynn checklist card out for the player collection.
I have about 200 extra base cards, almost all from the second series.
There were a few inserts, too:
Two Prime Performers (the other was a Sammy Sosa in the Awards/Leaders collection)
Two Five-Tool Talents
Two Hot Properties
and Two Pennant Driven

Tomorrow, a bit of a golden jubilee!

No comments:

Post a Comment