Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Going Postal: Another Ryan, Another Trade!

There are several Orioles collectors out there, and they each have their own specific interests in the team. M. Ryan of Ryan's Memorabilia Blog focuses on Cal Ripken, Jim Palmer, and Brooks Robinson. As with any other player collector, he finds himself with way too many cards of his favorite player, and that's where I come in!
 Ryan came across my blog and noticed Ripken and Markakis on my player collection list, and he was more than happy to send along a bunch of Ripkens.
 As you can see, there's more than just Ripken here! I think he hit something from several of my lists.
 Some of the cards will go to other player collections, and some are players in the Awards/Leaders collection. Other cards, like the Baseball Heroes parallels, will hopefully fill in some gaps in the Cardboard Zoo.
 He even included some Goodwin minis. All the baseball ones are of players I collect; the two ladies can skate their way into the Women In Sports collection. Ichiro is a Piedmont back; I may have that card added to the Zoo. Overall, it's a great stack of cards, and I have to find something to match all those cards above!

The Ripkens were the start of the deal, but the highlight is this manupatch of Brooks Robinson. It's numbered 75 and it celebrates his 16 gold gloves. It's a really nice card, one of the better ones added to the Zoo! I have a card already in trade for him.
Thanks again, M. Ryan! This is a fantastic collection of cards, and I'm glad to add them to my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like the cards! I will keep me eyes open for more to send your way.

    ReplyDelete