Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Ten Bucks the Topps Way

What a beautiful week it's been, at least the past few days. It's been really nice having great weather, to be able to get out and walk off the stress. And with a friend in town, I've had plenty going on to keep me entertained. But I've still got cards, and I still want to write about them!

Topps Bucks started in the 1960s (1962 to be exact) as its own issue, and the basic idea returned in 2001, mainly to be used as actual "currency" for Topps products and original artwork. Since 2011 Heritage was a 1962 throwback, this was one of the box toppers.

I've had a tough time finding these for some reason. Sure, they can be found on eBay, but every attempt to get one cheap failed. I don't know why they haven't been visible at card shows. They almost feel like throwaways, though. They're printed on thin paper that could possibly be easily mistaken for a worthless throwaway. And it's no scanning problem - the picture of Ramirez is that bad on the actual Buck. But I like this sort of novelty, and the hunt has continued for months.

So when Matt of Card Anathema offered one, I jumped on the opportunity. I will safely ensconce this in my collection until I find the opportunity to properly exhibit it. Thank you very much, Matt! I'll be sure to return the favor when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment