Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, November 18, 2011

It's time for a habitual trade post!

I don't know if my trade posts have any kind of sense to them. I mean, I guess I tend to start with some opening paragraph, then I display the cards and follow up. Writing the posts this way may be a habit. Who knows - I just know they aren't as good as Night Owl's trade posts!

But this isn't about habits, other than that $30 a Week Habit blog writer, Robert. He was gracious enough to save a Wal-Mart blue border from Update for me. The closest Wal-Mart is about 40 minutes to an hour away, so obtaining cards like these in person are kind of difficult.
 He also tossed in a bunch of base cards for my set. Because I'm almost sick of seeing the set, and I'm beyond sick of scanning them, and still sick (in the literal sense), I only scanned one.
 The same goes for these 2010 Turkey Reds. I say these, as he sent a nice handful, but I only scanned one. I'm getting lazy!
 Okay, not completely lazy. Here's a grouping of four Kimballs. These may be my pick for insert set of the year.
 Last, one of those awesome stadium cards from 2009 O-Pee-Chee. I have an obsession with stadium shots. I know this.

So thank you, Robert! I'm not entirely sure if I've mailed your package or not, blast it.

By the way, Robert is one of the folks who have been kind enough to participate in my CLEARANCE! Make sure you check it out.

And if you subscribed to Robert's blog, or just read it, and it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth: he changed the address to reflect the blog. Be sure to be following the right website!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for the post Ryan, and I had to check my emails to see what you sent me to remember if I recieved or not (Yes I did BTW). Thank you as well for pointing your legion of fans in my general direction, I appreciate that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blue Wal-Mart parallels make more sense than the black ones from recent years. As blue is the "Wal-Mart" color.

    ReplyDelete