Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Captain Canuck's Cardboard from Canadia

Living in Japan, getting cardboard featuring MLB players can be either difficult or expensive. Finding the true oddballs I need for my type collection is at a standstill. However, the blogging community has been very kind to me, with several of you trading me cards on an IOU/Card to be Named Later basis. I really appreciate that! I've been keeping a list of who has offered what (hopefully it's up-to-date) and I have a bunch of cards to eventually send out in return. Now that I think about it, I should have picked up some certain cards I saw this weekend. Anyway, I recently received a shipment of all the mail that's been piling up for the past four to five months...

One card comes courtesy the 1990s. You know, the Humpty Dance era.
Speaking of Humpty, Captain Canuck of Waxaholic sent along another oddball rarity from the 1990s. (Wait, 1990s rarity? Really?)

 Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. Etcetera. These cards were included with Humpty Dumpty chips and through a mail-in offer, and while they aren't exactly super-rare (commons like Benny here run about 25 cents each), they're Canadian. This means they didn't make their way to my part of town too often - Canadian cards just aren't seen often in Georgia and California. Plus, they're tiny, almost as small as the Cracker Jack cards that came out around the same time. Hooray minis!
See? Canadian! It even has French! Thanks Canuck, I really appreciate the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment