Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ryan Goes Rambling

Rambling. That's exactly what this post is going to be.
First, thank you to everyone for your continued support of this blog! I've certainly been much more sporadic in my posts, but I've managed to maintain all 97 of my subscribers! (If only I could hit 100...)
And not only that, but sometime on July 4th, I hit my 50,000th view! Thank you so much! Oddly, about 1000 of those come from one post, in which my first image was the typhoon raging overhead. That's the only reason I can think of why I had so many page views.
Instead of writing about baseball cards, I've been working and exploring! I've made my way to three major league NPB games and one minor league game. I've been to at least half a dozen different baseball card shops, though I've only written about one. And I've amassed a nice collection of Japanese cards. So, while I haven't been able to write much about cards, I'm still involved in the hobby!

Hopefully on the day this post goes live, both packages that I needed to mail (for about six months) should have gone out. I have arranged shipment, and I believe they're going out on the fifth, from San Francisco. Charley and Justin, your cards are finally on the way! Thank you for being so patient with me!
I have plenty of cards to show you, stores to write about, and baseball stadium trips to report about, so the writing will certainly continue! However, I have to also juggle work, my social life (which is much more social here in Japan, especially in the past couple months) and sightseeing. This Saturday night: party! Sunday: barbecue!. Monday: dinner with a coworker and student. Next Sunday: an amusement park, meeting up with Kenny (Zippy Zappy), and a baseball game. Ten days in August: Taiwan!

But I *really* want to write about my baseball card adventures. So stay tuned!
Oh, and speaking of Kenny, the last time we met he gave me a bunch of great cards. I never had the chance to thank him on the blog, so thank you very much Kenny! He also gave me a bag of Funyuns. You know, the awesome onion-flavored snack chip things. Yeah. YUM. Thanks for those too! Unfortunately, I don't have scans right now. Hopefully soon! (And see you next Sunday!)

4 comments:

  1. don't worry about the scans, I've seen Funyuns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance of making it to a CPBL game in August while you're in Taiwan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome. Hope Yu blows them away when he makes his appearence ;) (lol, grammar fail). See you next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, Richard!

    Jason: Good question. I am working on my itinerary right now to see if/when I'll be in the right place at the right time. I'd like to see at least one game if I can.

    Kenny: I hope he does too!

    ReplyDelete