Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

The A's as presented by Red Foley

I'm currently on vacation. I figure this is a good time to share more from Red Foley's Cartoon History of Baseball. As I've mentioned before, I wish they would update the book - and sell it in trading card form! Today, we look at the Oakland A's.



1977: The A's are so bad the cartoon panel references them as the Z's. The '55, '60, '68, and '73 cartoons are pretty good, but I really enjoy the panels highlighting LaRussa's team's rise to power (and the small footnote mentioning Henderson's stolen base record, possibly added in just before printing).

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Headed to Amazon to find this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any luck? I found mine at a used book store, flea market, or thrift store (I can't remember where now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't find one in my price range... but I'm still looking.

      Delete