Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

State of the Blog Address: May/early June?

I'm a month and three days late, but here's an update on my collection and the blog!

1. 65% Japanese Type Collection. I was very close to 65% a week ago, but I've finally updated my lists with 189 sets added to the most recent Japanese Baseball Card Checklist and Price Guide. This has given my overall percentage a hit. But I have added plenty of cards to the collection over the past two months and I have a stack of older cards to compare to the new listings too. There are a few more issues to add from the latest guide, plus plenty of details from BBM and other sets since 2008. Currently, I'm at 60.63%.  (Last Month: 61.45%)

1b. Finish Calbee: I went backwards for the second time in a row due to the release of 2014 cards. I have many of them for my sets but I still need singles for my type collection. Now, I need 31. (Last month: 27 needed)

2. Continue Calbee posts: 1977 is finished, which means I've only done one set in the past two months. But I've had a lot of 2014 Calbee and other release posts. (Last month: 1975-76)

2b. Start BBM posts: I should start keeping track of what I post. I have added a tag for the future. (As always, 0%)


2c. Make a Table of Contents: I need a day to go through and finish this up. (Again, 5%)

3. Make new release posts on time: I'm churning out BBM posts within about a week. Currently running near 100%!. (Last month: 75%)

3b. Preview/review 2014 MLB sets: I haven't talked about Tribute, Opening Day, Bowman, Gypsy Queen, Archives... I'm falling quite behind. Now, 20%? (33%)


4. Do something with the Zoo: Nothing yet. Still nothing. Never. (0%)

5. Finish the NPB Live Game Collection: I went to an NPB baseball game last month, and while I bought a few cards for that already, I'm waiting on the team sets for those teams to come out. But 2012 and 2013 is 100% as of last week! (92%)

5b. Start the MLB Live Game Collection: [This goal has been MET!] (100% in January)

6. Collect 2014 sets: Donruss, check. Gypsy Queen master set, check. So far, so good. Topps flagship and Update will come later this year, as will Allen & Ginter and Golden Age. I'd like to put together Topps Tribute. Possibly more? Now: 30%  (Last month: 10%)


6b. Collect 2014 insert sets: Heritage News Flashbacks and Archives Major League are done. Topps 1989 Minis and Before They Were Great have begun, and I have Donruss Diamond Kings on my want list though I still don't have any cards. Currently: 15% (Last month: 0%)

7. Post more information about Japanese card shops: [I wish I had more time!] Still at 0%.

8. Post about NPB awards[Too many other posts going out!] Still at 0%.

January: 1/14.
February: 1/14.
March: 1/14.
April: skipped.
May: 1/14.

No comments:

Post a Comment