Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Calbee Series 2: Clearing the Shelves

Calbee's second series of chips came out a couple weeks ago, and early last week I found a bunch of bags at my local grocery store. A full 18 bags, to be exact. So I took them all!

I'd normally spread these out over a few posts, but I have other plans for the next couple weeks so let's just see them all at once.
 The first three packs weren't that exciting.

 Kenta Maeda is a pretty good pitcher, and I've talked about him before. I've been saying since 2012 that he's probably destined for the MLB. And this pack gave my first Opening Game Starting Pitcher insert, the only new insert in Series 2. It's not exactly uncommon, so you'll see several more. These have the player's name only in Japanese characters. I like the half box score on the back.
 Calbee chose some decent photos to show horizontally. And yes, that's Maeda on the Opening Game insert.

 Finally, a Starcard. Actually, Starcards in back to back packs! They're the rarest inserts in Calbee packs, though there are lucky cards that you can use to redeem for special cards and a card holder.

 I think one of the packs had two inserts in it - the checklist and the Starcard! I sometimes wonder if the checklists are rarer than the Starcards, because I almost never pull them.

 Packs 14-16 (above and below images) have a lot of inserts too - three packs with two Opening Games and two Starcards.

 And the last four packs. The player selection isn't bad here.
And that should be the end of my Calbee Series 2 packs for the year. I'll pick up a couple bags for Fuji, but that's about it!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are doing pretty well with the Series 2, I`ve been buying them at a rate of about 1 bag per day since they came out and am doing pretty well so far (only a couple of doubles, but no lucky card yet)!

    By the way, I sent you an email about a week ago about a possible trade for Series 1 Calbees, not sure if you got it or it might have gone to your junk mail or something but if you are interested let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it, and just replied, sorry! I'm glad you've got a good source of chips!

      Delete