Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Friday, September 19, 2014

A Couple 2014 Team Issues

Today's post will be short. I got home quite late and I might be getting a little sick. Anyway, here are a couple local team issues for this year.
 The Lions design uses the same general design elements that I've seen from them over the past few years. Pitchers have gold borders, while others have a different color (I seem to have forgotten if it's blue or silver). There is very little English text on the card, and the backs have lots of white space. 2013 and career statistics are included. It looks like the entire Lions roster received cards.
 The other set was given away at several dates over the 2014 season by the Yomiuri Giants. The fronts of the 80th Anniversary Legends set all have the same artwork you see above.
The backs feature different players, though, with a photo of that player and some career highlights. I haven't been able to verify this for sure, but I think there were 10 cards issued, one for each player displayed in the front image. This set stands out because of that image used on the front; I love art cards and it reminds me of some of the great cards Upper Deck included in its base set in the 90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment