Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Back in Business, Sort of...

 So, as you can see, I can post images. That means my computer is here and running!

I even got Windows changed into English, though there are a few things that still show up in Japanese. I'm guessing some of them will remain in Japanese, while others will be fixed over time. The laptop has a Japanese keyboard, which I actually like because I can easily use IME to type Japanese characters. こんにちわ!
 Not having used a computer for two weeks, I've been trying to catch up on... well... everything. I have been able to read others' posts through my reader, but as I mentioned before my iPhone doesn't really do well with replying. And I have about 20 emails in my inbox that need addressing soon.
 I had begun a project before my computer died and I got as far as I could without a computer, but now I need to complete it. My new acquisitions and photos from some sightseeing last weekend were transferred to my computer, but I have to get the scans uploaded to write some posts.
But I do have some scans left over from before. The cards you see here (and bromides) were picked up super-cheap at Nakano Broadway at a store I hadn't visited before. I intend on giving a full updated report on this geek-heaven mall when I can visit and take some detailed notes.

Depending on how my week goes, I should be back to regular posting in a couple days!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got back up and running! My morning coffee here in the States is back to normal now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Somehow I managed to knock out something like 5 new posts while you were gone. Not saying there's any cause & effect there or anything.

    I recently discovered a set of cards for a baseball team in Austria. I am not entirely sure of the nature of the team, but I suspect it is very much semi-pro, and not necessarily an actual professional league. In any case, I'm going to get some help from a German speaking friend to see about ordering some sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new 'puter. and welcome back to the world of being able to post pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're posts always seem to combine two of my favorite things... baseball cards and Japanese women ;-) Congratulations on your latest pickup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony: Glad to be back!

    Jason: Yeah, I've been able to see the posts but not fully read them (way to go!). I have them saved to hopefully review soon! I saw your email about the Austrian set too, and a couple other conversations that I'll be addressing soon, I hope. I'd be interested in a card or more from the set, semi-pro or not.

    CaptKirk: Posts without pics are generally boring to write.

    Fuji: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete