Chaos and Kanji is the blog where I write about my adventures through Japan!

Want Lists are located here. NPB Baseball Want List is located here.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Wallet Card Tony with a Giant Rilakkuma

Rilakkuma is only 12 years old this year, but he is extremely popular. His name is a combination of "rirakkusu" (the Japanese pronunciation of relax) and "kuma" (the Japanese word for bear). There are all kinds of things featuring the character now: office/school supplies, clothing, even computers. The most popular goods are the stuffed toys, and even I have a couple that I've pulled out of UFO catchers (crane games). Tony and I were heading back to the office when we saw this giant Rilakkuma doing exactly what he should do - relaxing - and thought it would be a great opportunity for a picture.
This was outside a real estate agent, I believe. 

1 comment:

  1. I had this post open on my laptop in my classroom and a few of my fifth graders recognized this bear. I personally have never heard of Rilakkuma, but if he's a laid back bear... then he kind of reminds me of myself.

    ReplyDelete